Car stereos are one of the most basic and essential tools for almost any car. Certainly, there are many cars that don’t have a stereo system at all, but those who do usually consider it indispensable. A good thing about having a car stereo is that you can enjoy your music even while commuting to work or school, and if you’re alone in the car you can simply turn down the volume so you can enjoy your music for yourself.
JVC car stereos are some of the best models on the market. It is a Japanese musical instrument and equipment manufacturer, JVC is best known for its high-quality audio and video systems.
The head unit being an essential part of car stereo so, why waste money in a normal head unit stereos, check the best double din stereos with multiple functions.
How To Reset Jvc Car Stereo? (Steps)
Now, like all other things, car stereos also break down eventually. Sometimes it’s the CD player that breaks and you can’t play CDs anymore, sometimes it’s the entire stereo system itself. The problem is not necessarily with the device itself – usually, there’s nothing wrong with it and it’s just a case of an incorrect or incomplete installation.
Once in a while though, problems arise and models cease to function at all. In such cases, you need to know how to reset the JVC car stereo before you can use it again. Here are some steps on how to do that.
1) The easiest way is simply unplugging your stereo from power for 24 hours then plugging back in and turning it on again. It will automatically turn on with the default settings and you won’t have to configure it again.
2) If that doesn’t work, remove your car stereo and take out its batteries with a screwdriver (on most models they’re either in the back or under the CD player). Wait for 30 seconds before putting them back in. This will clear all memory from your device and reset it to its default settings.
3) You can even do this if you don’t want to take out the batteries with a screwdriver – just disconnect your JVC car stereo from power when it’s already turned off, wait for about 5 minutes then plug it back in in in and turn it on your stereo system. It will automatically restart and all of its previously saved data will be erased so it will be like new again.
These are the easiest ways to reset your JVC car stereo if it’s not working anymore. Of course, there are many other ways but this is what most people suggest, and also these steps are foolproof so you don’t really have anything to lose in trying them out.
Method 2: Resetting Using The Menu
On most JVC car stereos, you can reset them by going through the menu – this is a simple and straightforward process so it doesn’t require any special knowledge. It’s perfectly safe to do too so there isn’t really anything that can go wrong. Here are the steps:
1) Turn on your stereo system.
2) Press and hold both “Audio” and “Mode” buttons for at least 3 seconds or until all of the LCD segments blink repeatedly before turning off then turning back on again. This will reset your stereo to its default settings (the name of your model will show up on the screen as soon as you turn it on).
3) Watch carefully as the display shows random letters and numbers. This is part of the device’s self-diagnostics procedure and it will take a minute or two to complete.
4) Once done, your stereo will restart and it will be like new again!
This method usually works in any JVC car stereo model but if for some reason it doesn’t work in yours, you can try one of the other methods described in this article instead. Resetting your device correctly may require some patience and effort but once you get the hang of it, doing it becomes pretty straightforward. If there’s something wrong with your stereo system though, don’t panic – use these steps every so often to keep your system up and running smoothly at all times.
Q1: How to reset the JVC car stereo?
Ans1: You can easily reset JVC car stereos if they’re not working anymore by unplugging the device from power for 24 hours, then plugging it back in and turning it on. If that doesn’t work, take out your JVC’s batteries (in most cases they are either under the CD player or in the back) and wait for 30 seconds before putting them back. This will reset your stereo to its default settings.
All the above steps are good for most of the JVC Car Stereo models but if you want to get more information about your device then visit your nearest car audio shop and ask them how to reset the JVC car stereo.
We hope now you can reset the Jvc car stereo yourself without any professional help. If you have any queries regarding this post then feel free to comment below.